what do you want to become when you grow?

I was in kindergarten Sunday School when my teacher began asking us what we wanted to be when we grew up.

For some reason, there was no doubt in my mind. I told her, confidently, that I wanted to be a pastor.

That was the first occupation I ever expressed interest in, but it obviously wouldn’t be the last. A few years later, I had my heart set on being President of the United States. After another few years, I was going to become a pianist.

These days, I feel a little bit of a pull back to my kindergarten dreams.

But my pastor gave me a good piece of advice that’s stuck with me. After he suggested I should pursue ministry at some point, he told me that if I did, I should begin by studying something normal in college, getting a normal job, and living life for awhile. I shouldn’t jump straight into ministry.

So whether or not I will go into ministry someday, I intend to do just that.

And who knows, maybe my kindergarten dream will come true. 

learn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIME AND DEDICATION

YOU HAVE TO RELIVE AN ENTIRE YEAR OF YOUR LIFE, WHICH YEAR WOULD YOU PICK, AND WHAT WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY

"Buhari Never Embezzled Public Funds," Declares Akpabio: A Look at the Claim and its Context